La Potasse

Discussions traitant de l'impact du pic pétrolier sur l'économie.

Modérateurs : Rod, Modérateurs

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: Minerais : réserves ,recyclage, et déplétion.

Message par energy_isere » 18 juin 2017, 14:59

Encore une autre nouvelle mine de Potasse au Canada :
K+S Potash Canada, a subsidiary of German giant K+S Group, announced Monday it had produced the first tonnes of marketable potash in its new Bethune mine over the weekend.

The mine, located in Canada’s potash-rich Saskatchewan province, began operations last month and it’s expected to produce 2 million tonnes per year once at full capacity, which is slated to achieve by the end of the year.

Bethune mine during construction. (Image courtesy of K+S)

K+S said it intends to produce 600,000 to 700,000 tonnes of potash in the Bethune mine, built in partnership with Amec Foster Wheeler, this year.

The first potash shipment from the mine to the new harbour terminal at Vancouver should leave during August, the firm noted. From there the potash will be shipped to clients around the world.

With an investment of around $3.4 billion (3.1 billion euros), the Bethune mine is the largest single project for K+S, the world’s fifth-largest global potash seller.

Since K+S broke ground on the project, more than five years ago, potash prices have fallen roughly in half, to around $230 a tonne, due to a global oversupply that has prompted layoffs, mine closures and reduced capacity across the sector.

Saskatchewan is home to 50% of the world's known potash reserves.
http://www.mining.com/ks-bethune-mine-c ... es-potash/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 11 nov. 2017, 12:18

Ethiopie : Yara signe avec le gouvernement une convention minière pour développer la potasse de Dallol

Agence Ecofin 08 Nov 2017

La compagnie Yara International a annoncé la signature, mardi, d’une convention minière avec les autorités éthiopiennes qui devrait permettre le développement futur de la mine de potasse de Dallol. La convention a été paraphée par le ministre des mines, du pétrole et du gaz naturel, Ato Motuma Mekassa, et le président de la société, Svein Tore Holsether (photo).

«Nous sommes ravis d’atteindre cette étape importante pour le projet d’exploitation de Dallol. La mine située dans la région d’Afar devrait grandement contribuer au développement économique local et national.», commente M. Holsether.

Yara International qui détient le projet à 50,8%, prévoit de prendre une décision finale d’investissement, d’ici la fin de l’année. Une fois en production, la mine devrait livrer 600 000 tonnes de sulfure de potasse par an, ce qui équivaudrait à environ 10% du marché mondial.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/potasse/08 ... -de-dallol

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 07 avr. 2018, 12:49

Congo : l’étude de faisabilité définitive du projet de potasse Kola sera bientôt terminée

Agence Ecofin 03 avril 2018

L’étude de faisabilité définitive (DFS) du projet Kola (Congo) est achevée à 81%. La compagnie détenant le projet Kore Potash a indiqué dans ses résultats financiers vérifiés pour l’exercice clos le 31 décembre 2017, que la DFS devrait être terminée vers la fin du deuxième trimestre ou au début du troisième trimestre 2018.

La DFS porte sur l’infrastructure, l’exploitation minière, le transport du minerai, l’usine de traitement et l’exportation maritime du produit. L'usine de traitement sera capable de produire deux millions de tonnes de chlorure de potassium vendable par an.

Le projet de Kola renferme un gisement à fort tonnage, à forte teneur et peu profond, avec une ressource de sylvinite (minerai de potassium) mesurée et indiquée de 508 millions de tonnes, à une teneur moyenne de 35,4% de chlorure de potassium.

Kore Potash est une compagnie triplement cotée (ASX, AIM, JSE). Elle détient le projet Kola, sa mine phare, via la filiale Sintoukola Potash.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/potasse/03 ... t-terminee

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 30 avr. 2018, 13:42

Un gros gisement de Potasse encore inexploité en Thaïlande : le projet Saksrithai porté par Vatic Ventures Corp.
Un programme de forage géologique d'une durée de 15-18 mois va démarer.

The Saksrithai potash project in northeastern Thailand is 32 sq. kms of prime real estate, 270 kms from
Bangkok, Thailand. So, transportation costs of the potash to end users would be low compared to
current transport routes that must cross the world to get into the local market. Local production will
also cut down on the premium that is paid by regional potash importers. This is important because
potash is shipped by the ton and is very bulky.

Vatic (TSXV:VCV.V) obtained an 80 percent interest in Saksrithai in early 2017, and immediately proceeded with an initial seismic survey, environmental study and geological survey. Drilling is set to commence around May 1, 2018, and Vatic plans to spend $1.5 million over 15-18 months to prove the project’s feasibility.

Thailand is believed to have the world’s largest untapped potash deposits. The Khorat Evaporite basin contains billions of tons of sylvanite and carnallite, covering about 300,000 sq km. It was formed millions of years ago and is prime potash mining real estate.

Recognizing the bonanza, the Thai government put together a steering committee in 2014 to attract investment in potash mining.

Even better, the project at Saskrithai is said to be shallow and easy to mine. So, mining costs are low.
Those deposits are situated a mere 150-350m below the surface. Around the world, similar deposits can
be as deep as 1.9 km—and cost a lot more to dig up.

At Dan Khun Thot, drilling has found deposits close together, at grades as high as 34.03 percent. That property, which is directly adjacent to Vatic’s Saksrithai, is already projected to produce 500,000 tons
per year, or about $113 million per year at current prices.
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/04/t ... ocket.html
Thailand may become a potash industry player as development of the country’s massive potash resources contained within the Khorat evaporite basin commences. Three projects in the country have now advanced to the feasibility, financing and licensing stage. Present global annual production of potash is about 60 million tonnes (KCl), increasing at about 3% per annum. Potash production is confined to a limited number of countries and the major producing countries include Canada, Russia, Belarus, Germany and Israel. China. The largest importers of potash are the US, China, India, SE Asia and Brazil. USGA Technical Announcement (Mar. 3, 2015) stated, “Global scarcity is not the issue with potash – transportation costs are”. Existing production facilities are located a considerable distance from the major demand areas and face major transportation costs to such markets.
http://vaticventures.com/project/saksrithai/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: La Potasse

Message par energy_isere » 16 mars 2019, 20:21

Suite de ce post du 29 nov 2016 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 87#p395987
Sirius Minerals finds $3bn backer for English potash mine

By DANIEL BRIGHTMORE . Mar 13, 2019,

Sirius Minerals, the British company behind the construction of a massive potash mine in North Yorkshire, has announced an alternative financing plan for the $3bn project.
The Woodsmith Mine, scheduled to open in May 2021, is a 2.66 billion tonne polyhalite project - the largest high-grade polyhalite resource in the world. It’s poised to generate 10 million tonnes per year, of the form of potash used in plant fertilisers, before entering a second phase which will see production double to 20 million tonnes per year.

Located near Whitby in the North of England, Sirius Minerals is currently implementing major infrastructure that will connect a deep shaft system and an underground tunnel directly to nearby sea ports and shipping channels.

https://www.miningglobal.com/mining-sit ... otash-mine

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 23 mars 2019, 10:52

De la potasse bientôt au Maroc
juin 2018
La compagnie est confortée sur cette voie par l’importante ressource de Khémisset (311 millions de tonnes titrant 10,2% de K2O), son emplacement «exceptionnel», le Maroc étant désigné comme l’un des pays consommateurs de potasse à la croissance la plus rapide au monde et se trouvant aux «portes de l’Europe». À cela s’ajoutent le fait que le gisement soit peu profond et les «excellentes» infrastructures en place.

Emmerson prévoit de réaliser une étude exploratoire pour le projet d’ici la fin du premier trimestre 2019.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/potasse/05 ... -khemisset
Maroc : Emmerson fait un nouveau pas vers la production de potasse à Khemisset

Agence Ecofin 20 mars 2019

La compagnie cotée à Londres, Emmerson Plc, se rapproche un peu plus de l’entrée en production de sa mine de potasse Khemisset. Elle a annoncé cette semaine la fin d’une étude de base sur qui n’a montré aucun obstacle d’ordre social ou environnemental au développement accéléré et à la rentabilité du projet.

« L'achèvement de l'étude de base est une étape importante qui nous permet de continuer à faire avancer rapidement le projet, tout en minimisant le potentiel d'impacts sociaux et environnementaux négatifs à l'avenir », a déclaré le PDG Hayden Locke.

La société prévoit maintenant de commencer une étude d’impact environnemental et social complète, qui servira de base à une demande de permis d’exploitation à Khemisset.

Selon une étude exploratoire réalisée pour le projet, ce dernier a le potentiel pour soutenir une exploitation à faible coût. L’étude prévoit qu’il génère une marge sur EBITDA de plus de 60 % et une valeur actuelle nette de plus de 1,1 milliard $.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/potasse/20 ... -khemisset

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 26 avr. 2019, 22:11

La fiche USGS2019 de l' USGS sur la Potasse (Potash)

https://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs ... -potas.pdf

Le Canada n°1 mondial.

Data in thousand metric tons of K2O equivalent

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 28 avr. 2019, 10:28

Suite de ce post du 16 mars 2019 Sirius Minerals http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 5#p2281855

Le projet avance, il se passe réellement des choses en surface.
Sirius Minerals secures European supply deal for its $5B fertilizer mine

Shares in Sirius Minerals, the British company building a huge fertilizer mine beneath a national park, jumped on Thursday after it announced it had secured a ten-year supply and distribution deal in Europe.

The agreement with BayWa Agri Supply & Trade, will see the German agribusiness buy up to 2.5 million tonnes a year of polyhalite, a form of potash that is used in plant fertilizers. That amount is expected to ramp up after year five.

Sirius said the contract would deliver the highest pricing of any of the supply agreements it has so far inked around the world, which now total more than 10 million tonnes per year.

“The European fertilizer market is highly advanced and the second largest in the world behind China,” Sirius Managing Director and CEO, Chris Fraser, said in the statement. “We are delighted to be partnering with a leading agribusiness to distribute our POLY4 product into this key market.”

The news comes as the miner seeks to raise $3 billion to finish building its Woodsmith fertilizer project in North Yorkshire.

Sirius has already raised $1.4 billion from investors, including $250 million from Australia’s richest woman, mining magnate Gina Rinehart, but has struggled to secure a loan backed by the UK government.

The Woodsmith mine, poised to be one of the world’s largest in terms of the amount of resources extracted, is set to generate an initial 10 million tonnes per year of polyhalite. That figure will double once it reaches full capacity by 2024..

The operation involves sinking two 1.5km shafts below a national park on the North York Moors and is expected to create about 1,800 jobs during construction, as well as 1,000 permanent positions once it opens, in May 2021.

The ore will be extracted via the two mine shafts and transported to Teesside on the world’s longest underground conveyor belt via a 37km-underground tunnel. It will then be granulated at a materials handling facility, with the majority being exported to overseas markets.

Woodsmith Mine aerial view, July 2018. (Image courtesy of Sirius Minerals.)
http://www.mining.com/sirius-minerals-s ... izer-mine/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 01 mai 2019, 10:11

Suite du post au dessus, Sirius Mineral quasi assuré de pouvoir lancer le projet de mine de Potasse en UK car JP Morgan va lui prêter les milliards d'investissements.
Sirius Minerals secures JP Morgan backing to build UK's biggest potash mine

30 April 2019

Sirius Minerals (LON:SXX), the British company building a huge fertilizer mine beneath a national park, has signed up Wall Street giant JPMorgan to provide financing in the form of bonds and credit up to about $3.8 billion.

The bank is underwriting a $400 million share placement, launched on Tuesday, at a price between 15p to 18p per share. It is also using its balance sheet to provide a $2.5 billion revolving credit, or overdraft facility, which JPMorgan plans to syndicate to other lenders.

The backing, Sirius Minerals said, would be enough to build its Woodsmith polyhalite mine in North Yorkshire and have it in operation by 2021.
http://www.mining.com/sirius-minerals-g ... izer-mine/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 19 mai 2019, 15:47

4,4 milliards de livres sterling à la clef: gros contrat sur la potasse de la mine de Khemisset au Maroc

Par Wadie El Mouden le 15/04/2019

La firme britannique chargée de l'exploitation du gisement de potasse de Khémisset, Emmerson PLC, est sur le point de signer un contrat d'approvisionnement qui pourrait valoir jusqu'à 4,4 milliards de livres sterling (près de 55 milliards de dirhams). Les détails.

Un accord de principe a été signé avec un distributeur mondial d’engrais en vue de lui fournir la totalité de la production du gisement de la mine de Khémisset, pour une période de cinq ans, rapporte le portail d’information financière, This is money. Des discussions seraient en cours pour étendre la durée de ce contrat pour atteindre deux décennies, poursuit la même source

Une étude de cadrage réalisée en novembre 2018 par Golder Associates a confirmé la viabilité économique du projet de la mine de Khemisset, estimant sa valeur actuelle nette à 795 millions de dollars américains US (après impôt) et un taux de rentabilité de l’ordre de 29,8%, permettant de produire environ 800.000 tonnes métriques de potasse par an au cours des 20 prochaines années.

Le projet de Khemisset est idéalement situé pour tirer parti de la forte croissance attendue de la demande d'engrais potassés sur le continent africain. La proximité des ports d’exportation (Tanger et Casablanca) fait que le projet bénéficiera d'un prix net supérieur à celui de bon nombre de mines comparables.
https://m.le360.ma/economie/44-milliard ... set-188167

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 26 mai 2019, 09:43

suite de 2 posts au dessus.

Le projet de mine de Potasse en UK avance bien.
Sur ce lien une belle description du projet :
https://www.compelo.com/energy/projects ... tash-mine/

Une galerie de 4.9 m de diamètre, 37 km de long va être forée au tunnelier :
A 23-mile (37km)-long and 4.9m-wide mineral transport system (MTS) tunnel will be used to transport the mined polyhalite to the materials handling facility (MHF) at Teesside. A 1,800t tunnel boring machine is being used to construct the MHF.

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 15 juin 2019, 10:26

Suite de ce post du 7 avril 2018 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 1#p2268181
Congo : Kore Potash veut lever 13 millions $ pour son projet Kola

Agence Ecofin 14 juin 2019

La compagnie minière Kore Potash, active au Congo sur le projet Kola, a annoncé jeudi une levée de fonds de 13 millions $. Les fonds seront réunis par le biais d’un placement et d’une souscription de nouvelles actions ordinaires.

Ils seront utilisés, apprend-on, pour faire avancer la première phase d’optimisation des estimations de coûts du projet Kola. La société veut aussi s’en servir pour financer un programme de forage et des levés sismiques 2D, dans le cadre de l’étude de préfaisabilité de l’extension Dougou.

Le grand projet Sintoukola englobe les gisements Kola, Dougou et l’extension de Dougou.

Selon une étude de faisabilité publiée en début d’année, le projet Kola a la capacité de produire annuellement 2,2 millions de tonnes de muriate de potasse (MDP) sur une durée de vie de 33 ans. Quant à l’extension de Dougou, une étude de portée a démontré qu’elle peut produire annuellement 400 000 tonnes de muriate de potasse, sur une durée de vie de 17 ans.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/investisse ... rojet-kola

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 29 juil. 2019, 08:56

Suite de ce post du 10 déc 2016 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 30#p396330
Danakali to start developing vast potash project in Eritrea

Cecilia Jamasmie | July 26, 2019 |

Australia’s Danakali is closer than ever to beginning the development of its world-class Colluli potash project in Eritrea, which is expected to become one of the world’s most significant and lowest cost sources of sulphate of potash (SOP), a premium grade fertilizer.

A key step toward that goal was taken late last year, when Danakali signed a $200 million funding mandate with a syndicate of African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) and Africa Finance Corporation (AFC)

Once those credit approvals are confirmed, something the Perth-based company estimates will happen “any day” now, Danakali will kick off development of the 1.1 billion-tonne potash project.

Construction of the mine, 100% owned by Colluli Mining Share Company (CMSC), a 50:50 joint venture between the Aussie miner and the Eritrean National Mining Corporation (ENAMCO), is expected to take two and a half years.
In the initial phase of operation, Wage said, Colluli would produce more than 472,000 tonnes a year of SOP. Annual output could rise to almost 944,000 tonnes if Danakali decides to go ahead with a second phase of development, as the project has a possible 200-year plus mine-life.
https://www.mining.com/danakali-to-star ... -year-end/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 15 sept. 2019, 10:20

Encore une future mine de Potasse au Canada pour 3.2 millions de tonnes par an :
CanPacific secures environmental approval for Albany potash project in Canada

By NS Energy staff writer 06 Sep 2019

To be built 30km southeast of Regina, Saskatchewan, the Albany Project is a proposed three million tonne per year solution potash mine

CanPacific has secured an environmental impact assessment approval for its Albany Project in southern Saskatchewan, Canada.

The project includes the development of the CanPacific’s KL262 property and a proposed 3.25 million tonne per annum potash mining operation.

Located 30km southeast of Regina, Saskatchewan, in the RM’s of Lajord and Francis, the Albany Project has been approved for its next phase of development by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment. The Albany Project, which sits on the southern margin of the Elk Pointe Basin within the Devonian Prairie Evaporite sequence, focuses on three major potash beds that include the Patience Lake, the Belle Plaine, and the Esterhazy.

CanPacific Potash is a joint venture between North Atlantic Potash with a 68% stake and Rio Tinto Potash Management with 32%.

Conditions of the approval from the Saskatchewan government
According to the conditional approval from the Ministry of Environment, the Canadian company must offer compensation for any affected native grassland and wetland habitat.

One of the other conditions to be met by the company include identification of the methods to restore or enhance the existing areas as well as create new native prairie or wetlands.

The conditions also include further approval from the Ministry of Environment for the future development of the 20-year well-field areas.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/c ... ny-potash/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 22 sept. 2019, 10:04

Suite de ce post du 26 mai 2019 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 3#p2284103

Le projet de mine de Potasse UK en difficulté financières.
Sirius Minerals pulls out of $500m bond issue
18 sept 2019
https://www.mining-technology.com/news/ ... ond-issue/

Répondre