Vanadium

Discussions traitant de l'impact du pic pétrolier sur l'économie.

Modérateurs : Rod, Modérateurs

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: Vanadium

Message par energy_isere » 05 sept. 2021, 09:54

Silver Elephant releases PEA for Nevada vanadium project

MINING.COM Staff Writer | August 31, 2021

Silver Elephant Mining (TSX: ELEF) has announced the results of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for its Gibellini vanadium project, demonstrating an after-tax internal rate of return (IRR) of 25.4% and net present value (NPV) of $127.9 million.

The Gibellini project is designed as an open-pit, heap-leach operation in the Battle Mountain region of Nevada, about 25 km (15 miles) south of Eureka. Once in production, it would become the first primary vanadium mine within US borders.

Silver Elephant recently proposed to spin off the vanadium project, along with its Minago nickel project in Manitoba and various royalty investments, as part of a reorganization of the company to focus on precious metals exploration.

According to the PEA, the Gibellini project will have an initial capital cost of $147 million (including contingency) and generate cumulative cash flow of $260.8 million (after-tax), with a payback period of 2.5 years.

Over a projected 11-year mine life, average annual production will be 10.2 million pounds of V2O5 at all-in sustaining cost of $6.04/lb, with a strip ratio of 0.18 to 1 (waste rock to leach material).

The PEA base case assumes a vanadium price of $10/lb, and Silver Elephant said the project is positioned to benefit from a rising price environment. A 30% increase in the vanadium price to $13/lb, relative to the base case, translates to a 42% IRR and a $295.4 million NPV, the study showed.

As of the last business day prior to the PEA release, the European price of vanadium pentoxide (98%) was $9.60/lb.

The PEA mineral resource is based on estimates for the Gibellini deposit as well as the nearby Louie Hill and Bisoni McKay deposits, totaling 131.34 million pounds of contained V2O5 in the measured and indicated categories, plus 227.81 million pounds in the inferred category.

In July, Silver Elephant submitted its notice of intent with the Federal Register to prepare an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the Gibellini project.

According to the company, the project conforms to the current US administration’s green energy initiatives, and the EIS record of decision is expected in early 2022. Should it be selected by the Bureau of Land Management, it would be the first mine in the US completely powered by renewable energy.

Vanadium was designated a critical material by the US government in 2018 due to its importance to the defense and energy storage sectors. There is currently no domestic production, with most of its supply coming from Russia, China and South Africa.

Silver Elephant says that a structural vanadium deficit is expected to occur by 2025, with the rising popularity of the vanadium redox flow battery.

The company’s shares surged 7.7% following the release of the Gibellini PEA. The nickel, silver and vanadium explorer has a market capitalization of C$53.3 million ($42.2m).
https://www.mining.com/silver-elephant- ... in-nevada/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 05 sept. 2021, 09:54

Silver Elephant releases PEA for Nevada vanadium project

MINING.COM Staff Writer | August 31, 2021

Silver Elephant Mining (TSX: ELEF) has announced the results of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for its Gibellini vanadium project, demonstrating an after-tax internal rate of return (IRR) of 25.4% and net present value (NPV) of $127.9 million.

The Gibellini project is designed as an open-pit, heap-leach operation in the Battle Mountain region of Nevada, about 25 km (15 miles) south of Eureka. Once in production, it would become the first primary vanadium mine within US borders.

Silver Elephant recently proposed to spin off the vanadium project, along with its Minago nickel project in Manitoba and various royalty investments, as part of a reorganization of the company to focus on precious metals exploration.

According to the PEA, the Gibellini project will have an initial capital cost of $147 million (including contingency) and generate cumulative cash flow of $260.8 million (after-tax), with a payback period of 2.5 years.

Over a projected 11-year mine life, average annual production will be 10.2 million pounds of V2O5 at all-in sustaining cost of $6.04/lb, with a strip ratio of 0.18 to 1 (waste rock to leach material).

The PEA base case assumes a vanadium price of $10/lb, and Silver Elephant said the project is positioned to benefit from a rising price environment. A 30% increase in the vanadium price to $13/lb, relative to the base case, translates to a 42% IRR and a $295.4 million NPV, the study showed.

As of the last business day prior to the PEA release, the European price of vanadium pentoxide (98%) was $9.60/lb.

The PEA mineral resource is based on estimates for the Gibellini deposit as well as the nearby Louie Hill and Bisoni McKay deposits, totaling 131.34 million pounds of contained V2O5 in the measured and indicated categories, plus 227.81 million pounds in the inferred category.

In July, Silver Elephant submitted its notice of intent with the Federal Register to prepare an environmental impact statement (EIS) for the Gibellini project.

According to the company, the project conforms to the current US administration’s green energy initiatives, and the EIS record of decision is expected in early 2022. Should it be selected by the Bureau of Land Management, it would be the first mine in the US completely powered by renewable energy.

Vanadium was designated a critical material by the US government in 2018 due to its importance to the defense and energy storage sectors. There is currently no domestic production, with most of its supply coming from Russia, China and South Africa.

Silver Elephant says that a structural vanadium deficit is expected to occur by 2025, with the rising popularity of the vanadium redox flow battery.

The company’s shares surged 7.7% following the release of the Gibellini PEA. The nickel, silver and vanadium explorer has a market capitalization of C$53.3 million ($42.2m).
https://www.mining.com/silver-elephant- ... in-nevada/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 05 sept. 2021, 10:39

US Vanadium va augmenter considérablement sa production d'électrolyte liquide au V2O5, pour satisfaire la demande des batterie à flux Vanadium.
US Vanadium and CellCube partner on flow battery electrolyte production ramp up in Arkansas

ByAndy Colthorpe September 3, 2021

CellCube flow battery installation. Image: CellCube.

US Vanadium, which counts high purity electrolyte for flow batteries among its range of vanadium products, has said it will expand its annual electrolyte production capacity to 2.25 million litres a year in response to demand.

The company operates a facility in Hot Springs, Arkansas, from where it produces the electrolyte’s main ingredient, vanadium pentoxide (V2O5), along with processing that into electrolyte for offtakers in the vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) space.

US Vanadium said yesterday that it will be working in partnership with Austria-headquartered VRFB maker CellCube to develop the expanded production capacity at Hot Springs. The partnership comes off the back of a recent order US Vanadium received from CellCube for 580,000 litres of electrolyte to be used in a 8MWh VRFB system.

The long-duration battery system is going to be part of an industrial microgrid at a site near Chicago, Illinois. The microgrid will be a hybrid project that combines rooftop solar and the flow battery along with a flywheel, designed to maximise the amount of uninterruptible backup power the customer can use at its facility. Energy-Storage.news enquired from CellCube today if it will be the project that was recently announced by power electronics manufacturer G&W Electric, but has yet to receive confirmation.

US Vanadium said the electrolyte production facility expansion will cost around US$2.1 million. The company produces various vanadium products from recovery from industrial waste streams: the metal is found in steel slag, which is a by-product of steel production. In August, it licensed its vanadium electrolyte manufacturing technology to startup Australian Vanadium and will also provide vanadium oxides to its near-namesake for electrolyte production in Australia.

https://www.energy-storage.news/us-vana ... -arkansas/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 19 sept. 2021, 12:22

suite de ce post du 27 mars 2020 : http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 5#p2298485

Feu vert pour Multicom Resources pour lancer le developpement de la mine de Vanadium de Saint Elmo dans le Queensland, Australie.
Durée de vie de la mine estimée de 30 ans.
Premiére production pour fin 2023.
Multicom gets go-ahead from Queensland for Saint Elmo vanadium mine
Construction on the greenfield, open-cut mine is slated to begin next year with production targeted for late 2023

By NS Energy Staff Writer 15 Sep 2021

Multicom Resources has been given the go-ahead by the Queensland government for the development of its A$250m ($183.23m) Saint Elmo mine in the Australian state’s North West Minerals Province.

The mine is initially forecast to yield up to 5,000 tonnes per annum (tpa) of vanadium pentoxide. Over a period of time, the mine is expected to have a production of 20,000tpa.

The mine is located nearly 15km east of Julia Creek. It is estimated to have a lifespan of at least 30 years.

Construction on the greenfield, open-cut mine is expected to begin next year, creating 250 jobs. Its expansion in the future will create an additional 100 operational and 150 construction roles.

First production from the Saint Elmo vanadium mine is likely to be achieved in late 2023.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said: “Vanadium is a new economy mineral that will fuel Queensland’s future as a global resources supplier for decades to come.

“Vanadium is an important ingredient in the manufacture of specialty steel and will be used in large-scale renewable batteries around the world because it can be charged thousands of times without degrading.

“This project, and these jobs, are a milestone in a journey that began seven years ago with the Queensland Government’s North West Minerals Province Taskforce.”

Palaszczuk added that the Saint Elmo mine also provides the base for a new industry in the state for manufacturing vanadium redox flow batteries.

Saint Elmo’s approval follows the prescribed project designation granted by the Queensland government in February 2020. The prescribed project status is said to have enabled the state’s Coordinator-General to streamline its approvals and expedite its delivery.

Multicom Resources, which fully owns the vanadium mine, will process the ore onsite and ship the product globally from the Port of Townsville.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/m ... -approval/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 28 nov. 2021, 10:47

Du Vanadium en exploration au Maroc :
Elcora Advanced Materials acquires Moroccan Vanadium exploration company

By NS Energy Staff Writer 25 Nov 2021
This strategic acquisition supports Elcora’s plan to enhance both its mining and energy storage solutions by adding additional markets related to battery technologies

ELCORA ADVANCED MATERIALS CORP. , (the “Company” or “Elcora”), is pleased to announce it has acquired STE ERMAZONE.A.R.L (“ERMAZONE”) which includes ten (10) Vanadium licenses/concessions sites in Morocco. This strategic acquisition supports Elcora’s plan to enhance both its mining and energy storage solutions by adding additional markets related to battery technologies.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/e ... n-company/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 28 nov. 2021, 10:53

Aides gouvernementales pour la construction d' une usine de traitement des minerais de Vanadium au Queensland, Australie).
Queensland government to build new vanadium plant in in Townsville

By NS Energy Staff Writer 24 Nov 2021

The vanadium facility will be part of the Palaszczuk Government’s plan to make Queensland a leading producer and exporter of new-economy minerals and the home of new industries

Construction is expected to start in 2022, with the plant scheduled to begin operating in 2023.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/q ... ownsville/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 22 janv. 2022, 11:22

Afrique du Sud : Vanadium Resources porte sa participation dans le projet Steelpoortdrift à 73,95 %

Agence Ecofin 19 janvier 2022

L’Afrique du Sud est le troisième producteur mondial de vanadium, derrière la Russie et la Chine. Alors que le pays est talonné par le Brésil, il peut compter sur des réserves inexploitées estimées à 3,5 millions de tonnes et des projets arrivant en phase d’exploitation, pour maintenir son statut.

L’australien Vanadium Resources anciennement Tando Resources (VR8) a reçu l’accord des autorités sud-africaines pour faire passer sa participation dans le projet de vanadium Steelpoortdrift de 50 % à 73,95 %. Cette approbation, révélée dans un communiqué de la compagnie publié le 19 janvier, clôture l’accord de vente et d’achat signé en juillet 2018 avec Vanadium Resources Limited.

Pour Jurie Wessels, président exécutif de VR8, l’approbation du ministre des Ressources minérales et de l’Energie Gwede Mantashe scelle le contrôle de la société « sur le projet de classe mondiale Steelpoortdrift Vanadium ». C’est une bonne nouvelle pour le développement de l’actif, car cela place VR8 en bonne voie pour trouver les bailleurs de fonds capables de financer la construction de la mine.

Une étude de faisabilité basée sur la production de 12 500 tonnes de vanadium (V2O5) en flocons et nécessitant un investissement de 200 millions $ devrait d’ailleurs être achevée d’ici le troisième trimestre 2022. Si la société trouve alors les fonds et lance, entre autres, les travaux de construction d’un concentrateur et d’une usine de grillage de sel, la production devrait démarrer « peu après ».

Pour rappel, Steelpoortdrift a une valeur actuelle nette de 1,19 milliard $ selon l’étude de préfaisabilité publiée en juin 2021. Le projet peut livrer annuellement 39 millions de tonnes de V2O5 sur 25 ans.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/metaux/190 ... ft-a-73-95

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 19 févr. 2022, 12:05

Mauritanie : Aura Energy veut produire du vanadium à sa future mine d’uranium Tiris

Agence Ecofin 17 fev 2022

L’Afrique du Sud est le principal producteur africain de vanadium, métal utilisé notamment dans la production de l’acier et dans l’industrie des véhicules électriques. Sa présence à Tiris est un nouvel atout pour Aura Energy, qui cherche le financement nécessaire à la construction de la mine.

La compagnie minière Aura Energy a publié le mercredi 16 février une première estimation des ressources minérales de vanadium, conforme au code JORC, à son projet d’uranium Tiris. L’actif mauritanien hébergerait 18,5 millions de livres de pentoxyde de vanadium (V2O5).

« L’inclusion du vanadium dans l’estimation des ressources de Tiris donne à Aura une merveilleuse opportunité d’explorer de nouvelles réductions des coûts d’exploitation par [l’ajout du V2O5] comme sous-produit de l’uranium », a commenté Will Goodall, PDG par intérim de la compagnie.

Le dirigeant précise que les tests effectués sur la lixiviation du minéral uranifère à Tiris ont montré que le vanadium est récupéré avec l’uranium dans le circuit de lixiviation proposé pour la mine. Si ces résultats sont prometteurs, notons qu’Aura Energy a encore des efforts à fournir pour réussir ses plans, notamment la finalisation de tests supplémentaires concernant la récupération du vanadium.

Dans le même temps, Aura Energy doit convaincre des bailleurs de fonds pour lancer la construction de la mine, afin d’espérer tirer profit des prix élevés du ferrovanadium (alliage avec le fer) depuis quelques mois, dans un contexte de pénuries dans l’approvisionnement mondial. De plus, l’utilisation du vanadium dans l’industrie des batteries électriques pourrait croitre à mesure que le marché des véhicules électriques prend de l’importance.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/metaux/170 ... nium-tiris

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 20 févr. 2022, 14:49

la fiche USGS pour le Vanadium https://pubs.usgs.gov/periodicals/mcs20 ... nadium.pdf

mon post de l' an dernier : viewtopic.php?p=2315600#p2315600

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 20 mars 2022, 11:54

suite de ce post du 20 sept 2020 viewtopic.php?p=2309125#p2309125
Australian Vanadium secured A$49m ($35.4m) in funding to support the development of its high-grade Australian Vanadium Project in Western Australia.

The project comprises two parts, notably the mine site, crushing, milling and beneficiation at Gabanintha near Meekatharra; and the vanadium processing plant near the port city of Geraldton.
extrait de : https://www.mining-technology.com/news/ ... -minerals/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 18 avr. 2022, 12:24

suite du post au dessus.
Globally significant vanadium mine in Australia ‘bankable,’ construction slated for 2023
A major Western Australian mine targeting the global vanadium battery market was this week found to be bankable, with feasibility studies confirming the project’s “strong commercial case for development,” its owner Australian Vanadium Limited said.

APRIL 14, 2022 BELLA PEACOCK

A major Western Australian mine targeting the global vanadium battery market was this week found to be bankable, with feasibility studies confirming the project’s “strong commercial case for development,” its owner Australian Vanadium Limited said.

Western Australian company Australian Vanadium Limited, or AVL, has said feasibility studies into its vanadium mine near Meekatharra in the state’s mid-west confirm the project as a “potential globally significant primary vanadium producer” targeting critical mineral, steel and energy storage markets.

The Australian Vanadium Project, as it’s called, has a pre-tax net present value of A$833 million (US$ 621.1 million) with an equity internal rate of return of over 20%, based on a vanadium pentoxide price of US$10.50/lb (equal to 0.45kg), the company said.

Managing Director Vincent Algar described the study’s findings “significant milestone” for AVL. “The company is now in a position to progress through funding, final engineering, procurement, construction and into production,” he said.

Last month, the federal government awarded the project a grant of $49 million to support its progression, part of a push to end Australia’s reliance on China and cement its place in the rapidly growing critical minerals markets for electric vehicles and batteries.

There are currently just a handful of vanadium mines operating in the world, with Australia home to some of the world’s biggest untapped deposits. To this end, Algar told pv magazine Australia last July that Western Australia could “easily dominate the battery supply chain for vanadium inside and outside Australia.”

The project’s technical studies have now been completed, including three years of extensive piloting test work, which the company says supports robust processing flowsheets.

Mining and manufacturing

The Australian Vanadium Project mine is the first in a two pronged approach from the company which will see it turn the mined product into commercial vanadium battery electrolyte within Western Australia.

The company is pursuing these two avenues, mining and manufacturing, as part of its vision of vertically integrate the business and “value add” – moving from Australia’s traditional role of simply extracting and exporting raw minerals to instead creating products from those materials onshore, which typically has far higher profit margins.

Transported from the mine, the vanadium will be processed in Tenindewa, near Geraldton, closer to workforce as well as a port.

Australian Vanadium Project
The mine has an anticipated initial life of 25 years with the company saying its approvals are “well advanced.” The company confirmed its application with the Environmental Protection Agency had been successful lodged early last year, with its application for the Tenindewa processing plant concurrently being examined.

A financial investment decision is anticipated for the mining project by the fourth quarter of 2022, with construction to commence in the fourth quarter of 2023, dependent on approvals and financing.

Wood Australia, an engineering firm with experience in vanadium and similar mineral processing, has undertaken the engineering and design, providing an overall accuracy for the capital and operating cost estimates of ±15%, AVL said.

The company estimates the project payback period will be 7.3 years after the first production. Its total gross revenues before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) is $4.4 billion, according to AVL.
https://www.pv-magazine.com/2022/04/14/ ... -for-2023/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 18 juin 2022, 10:46

Maroc : sept nouveaux permis d’exploration pour la vanadinite tombent dans l’escarcelle du canadien Elcora

Agence Ecofin 14 juin 2022

Le Maroc est le premier producteur d’argent en Afrique et un fournisseur non négligeable de cobalt. Le Royaume regorge en plus d’autres ressources comme l’or, le cuivre et le manganèse qui font encore l’objet d’exploration par plusieurs juniors minières.

Elcora a acquis sept nouveaux permis de recherche couvrant 16 km² au Maroc, pour l’exploration de la vanadinite (vanadium et plomb). La compagnie minière canadienne qui en a fait l’annonce le mardi 7 juin dernier, indique que cela porte à 17 le nombre de licences obtenues à 100 % par la société depuis novembre dernier dans le Royaume.

« Cette acquisition est une étape significative pour la stratégie de la société d’augmenter ses revenus et ses nouvelles opportunités de croissance au Maroc. Nous pensons qu’il s’agit d’une excellente opportunité pour diversifier le portefeuille », a commenté le PDG Troy Grant, sans préciser l’investissement qu’il a fallu consentir pour obtenir ces nouveaux actifs.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/metaux/140 ... ien-elcora

sur wikipedia : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanadinite

il y a de trés beaux specimen de cristaux de Vanadinite du Maroc et assez chers, il y a des pièces exceptionnelles à plusieurs centaines d'euros.
https://www.france-mineraux.fr/boutique ... oc-mcvn01/
Les principaux gisements se trouvent en Algérie, au Maroc, au Gabon, au Congo, en Italie, en France et au Mexique. Les plus beaux spécimens de vanadinite proviennent du gisement de Mibladen Aouli, au Maroc. Les cristaux de cette pierre précieuse peuvent atteindre jusqu’à 14 cm. Ce minéral est particulièrement recherché par les collectionneurs qui l’achètent dans sa forme brute. Cependant, bien que fragile, il est aussi travaillé sous la forme de bijoux.

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 25 juin 2022, 08:58

Afrique du Sud : il faudra 151 millions $ pour augmenter de 50 % la production de vanadium à Vametco et Vanchem

Agence Ecofin 23 juin 2022

L’Afrique du Sud est le troisième producteur mondial de vanadium et le leader africain dans le métal. Avec sa mine Vametco et l’usine de traitement de Vanchem, Bushveld Minerals fait partie des sociétés qui contribuent à cette position.

La compagnie minière Bushveld Minerals active dans l’exploitation du vanadium en Afrique du Sud, a publié le mercredi 22 juin des évaluations économiques (études de préfaisabilité et de faisabilité) portant sur l’agrandissement de sa capacité de production sur les projets Vametco et Vanchem.

Les résultats indiquent qu’il faudrait investir 2,3 milliards de rands (151 millions $) pour atteindre 8 000 tonnes de vanadium par an, soit une hausse de 50 % par rapport à la capacité actuelle. Les fonds seront investis dans les usines de traitement des deux sites, ainsi que dans l’augmentation de la production minière à Vametco.

« En acquérant les deux usines, Vametco et Vanchem, la société était consciente que d’importantes dépenses en capital seraient nécessaires pour libérer tout le potentiel de production et de coût », a déclaré Fortune Mojapelo, le PDG de la compagnie. Il a néanmoins mis en avant l’important flux de trésorerie que cet agrandissement pourrait entrainer dans un contexte de croissance de la demande de vanadium.

Pour mettre en œuvre ce projet, Bushveld attendra néanmoins d’atteindre sa capacité de production maximale de 5 000 à 5 400 tonnes de vanadium par an, d’ici la fin de l’année.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/metaux/230 ... et-vanchem

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 17 juil. 2022, 11:38

suite de ce post du 15 mars 2021 viewtopic.php?p=2315599#p2315599

Le financement pour la construction de la mine de Vanadium de Mount Peake en Australie est sécurisé avec l' appui du gouvernement Australien.
TNG secures $203m debt funding from EFA for Mount Peake project

By NS Energy Staff Writer 11 Jul 2022

The Australian project is expected to produce up to 6,000 tonnes per annum of high-purity vanadium pentoxide along with titanium dioxide pigment and iron ore fines products

TNG has secured debt funding of up to A$300m ($203.5m) from Export Finance Australia (EFA) for the construction of its 100% owned Mount Peake vanadium-titanium-iron project in Northern Territory, Australia.

In this connection, the Australian resource and mineral processing technology company has been issued a conditional letter of support from Export Finance Australia. The latter is Australia’s export credit agency and is guaranteed by the Australian government.

The company aims to produce up to 6,000 tonnes per annum of high-purity vanadium pentoxide from the Mount Peake project along with titanium dioxide pigment and iron ore fines products.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/t ... e-project/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 09 oct. 2022, 11:34

suite de ce post du 22 janvier 2022 viewtopic.php?p=2335602#p2335602

Vanadium Resources publie son DFS (= Definitive Feasibility Study) pour le projet Steelpoortdrift de Vanadium en Afrique du Sud.
Vanadium Resources completes DFS on Steelpoortdrift project in South Africa

By NS Energy Staff Writer 04 Oct 2022

The DFS estimates that the project will require a $211m capital investment to support yearly average flake production of 19,400t/y over a LOM of 25 years, with an additional 67 years LOM in the designed open pits

Australian junior exploration company Vanadium Resources has completed an independently prepared Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) on its Steelpoortdrift project in South Africa.

The Steelpoortdrift project involves open-pit mining of an initial 1.60Mtpa of vanadium ore for one to four years, at an average head grade of 0.83% V2O5.

It includes primary treatment of ROM through an on-site concentrator and secondary treatment of 0.72Mtpa of concentrate through an SRL plant.

The mining rate at the project is expected to increase to 3.5Mtpa at an average head grade of 0.71% V2O5, in the fifth year and for the remaining life of mine (LOM).

The processing capacity is anticipated to increase by almost double, at production rates of 1.25Mtpa concentrate and 21ktpa flake.

According to the DFS, the project will require an estimated $211m capital investment to support yearly average flake production of 19,400t/y over a LOM of 25 years, with an additional 67 years LOM in the designed open pits.

The project will also require an expansion capital of $188m between three to five years of operation and will be funded through free cash flows.

The life of mineral resources for the open pits has been estimated at more than 180 years, at the current throughput rates, said the company.

In addition, the DFS estimates a post-tax net present value (NPV) of $1.21bn and an internal rate of return of 42%, with operating costs estimated at $3.24/lb, based on the 25-year mine life.

Vanadium Resources is expected to reach a final investment decision by July next year, with plans to commence construction at the project in March 2024.

Vanadium Resources executive chairman Jurie Wessels said: “The robust and outstanding nature of the Steelpoortdrift Project has been confirmed following a rigorous process, which was conducted by independent world-class vanadium experts, all of whom are active in the South African vanadium space.

“We are also very pleased that the DFS validated our previous studies and that it returned financial numbers proximate to those previously attained despite an environment of peak inflation.

“Our headline numbers utilised the mid-range forward-looking sales price for vanadium pentoxide flake based on tier 1 advice from a comprehensive Deloitte market study and a 7.5% NPV discount factor which reflects our growing confidence in the project following the DFS study results.”
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/d ... th-africa/

Répondre