Nickel

Discussions traitant de l'impact du pic pétrolier sur l'économie.

Modérateurs : Rod, Modérateurs

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: Nickel

Message par energy_isere » 09 oct. 2022, 14:09

suite de ce post du 17 juillet 2022 viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29445&p=2347514&hi ... a#p2347514

Inflation sur le projet de mine de Nickel de Araguaia au Brésil. Premieres livraisons de Nickel attendues en Q1 2024.
Horizonte Minerals flags cost increase at Brazil nickel project

Cecilia Jamasmie | October 6, 2022 |

The Araguaia nickel mine is set to produce 29,000 tonnes of the battery metal a year over an estimated 28-year period. (Image courtesy of Horizonte Minerals.)

Horizonte Minerals said construction costs for its Araguaia nickel mine in northern Brazil have increased by 12.6% to $537 million, up from the previous $477 million estimate, due mostly to inflationary pressure.

Horizonte started building the Araguaia nickel mine, which it acquired from Glencore in 2015, in May and it remains on schedule.

“The company has also opted to invest in additional EPCM [engineering, procurement and construction management] and resources to further de-risk the project schedule and seek to ensure delivery of first nickel in 1Q24, in line with the original plan,” it said in the operational update.

Horizonte noted that higher interest rates across the globe, as central banks seek to control inflation, also influenced its capex plans.

The company, which once considered the nickel project to be fully-funded, raised £70.5 million ($80m) this week through an equity fundraise.

“Following significant institutional demand in the bookbuild from existing and new investors, the board decided to upsize the lacing, increasing the gross proceeds from approximately £61.7mn to £70.5mn”, the company said.

Construction of the Araguaia nickel mine, which would take about two years, includes an open pit and a processing plant, which will produce ferronickel over an estimated 28-year period.

The operation in Brazil’s Pará state is expected to initially generate 14,500 tonnes of nickel a year, mostly destined to supply the stainless steel market. Output is expected to jump up to 29,000 tonnes of the battery metal a year after a second production line comes online in 2027.

Araguaia is considered a key project to diversify the country’s mining sector, which is centred on iron ore.
https://www.mining.com/horizonte-minera ... l-project/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 16 oct. 2022, 10:40

Une mine de Nickel (et Cuivre) au Canada dont j'avais pas entendu parler s'agrandit :
Vale Canada opens phase I of $684m Copper Cliff Complex South Mine Project

By NS Energy Staff Writer 14 Oct 2022

The initial phase of the project is anticipated to nearly double ore production at Copper Cliff Mine, adding about 10,000 tonnes of contained nickel per annum and 13,000 tonnes of copper per annum

Vale Canada has inaugurated the first phase of its C$945m ($684m) Copper Cliff Complex South Mine Project in Sudbury, Canada.

The company said more than 12km of tunnels were developed to combine the south and north shafts of Copper Cliff Mine, creating a new Copper Cliff Mine Complex.

The project employed 270 people and spanned more than five million people hours moving over 600,000 tonnes of rock.

Vale’s Base Metals business executive vice-president Deshnee Naidoo said: “This first phase of the Copper Cliff Mine Complex South Project enhances our supply of low-carbon nickel and other critical minerals and adds to the long-term sustainability of our Sudbury operations.

“The successful delivery of this project is a major accomplishment for Vale and great news for Sudbury and the Province of Ontario.”

The project involved the refurbishment of the south shaft, an expansion for underground ore and waste handling systems, surface loadout and facilities and the construction of new ventilation systems.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford said: “Today’s announcement demonstrates our government’s commitment to safely extracting the province’s critical minerals and strengthening our homegrown supply chains.

“This mine will create hundreds of new jobs for our skilled workers and be a major boost for the economy of this region.

“We are thrilled that Vale is deepening its commitment to Ontario and can assure them that there is no better place for investment than right here in Sudbury.”

The first phase is anticipated to nearly double ore production at Copper Cliff Mine, adding about 10,000 tonnes of contained nickel per annum and 13,000 tonnes of copper per annum.

Ontario Minister of Mines George Pirie said: “Vale is investing $945 million in this expansion project that will increase Ontario’s supply of low-carbon critical minerals and provide jobs for over 250 people.

“This is great news for the entire region and another example of how Ontario is a leader in developing the critical minerals we need for innovative technologies like electric vehicles. Our government knows the sector’s best days are ahead and we will continue our strong support for the industry.”

Currently, feasibility studies are in progress for future development phases of the Copper Cliff Mine Complex.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/v ... e-project/

https://www.mining.com/wp-content/uploa ... opped.jpeg

https://www.mining.com/vale-opens-first ... in-canada/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 22 oct. 2022, 12:04

Les batteries électriques et les semi-conducteurs soutiendront la hausse de la demande de nickel en 2023 (Sumitomo)

Agence Ecofin 19 oct 2022

Le caractère stratégique du nickel s’est accru ces dernières années, avec l’augmentation de la demande et le renforcement des restrictions en Indonésie, premier producteur mondial. Avec leurs ressources importantes, Madagascar, l’Afrique du Sud ou le Zimbabwe peuvent mieux se positionner sur le marché.

Le déficit sur le marché mondial du nickel raffiné devrait se réduire à 63 000 tonnes l’année prochaine, contre 108 000 tonnes attendues en 2022. C’est ce qu’a indiqué, mardi 18 octobre le japonais, Sumitomo Metal, plus grand producteur de nickel du pays, précisant que l’offre augmentera plus fortement que la demande.

La production mondiale de nickel raffiné se situerait en effet à 3,08 millions de tonnes en 2023, en hausse de 9 % en glissement annuel, contre une progression de 7,1 % à 3,14 millions de tonnes pour la demande. Cette demande sera à nouveau soutenue par les besoins des industries de véhicules électriques et de semi-conducteurs, entre autres, explique Yusuke Niwa, chef du département des ventes de nickel et des matières premières cité par Reuters.

Dans le secteur des véhicules électriques, les batteries lithium-ion consommeront plus de 500 000 tonnes de nickel l’année prochaine, contre une estimation de 410 000 tonnes pour 2022. « De nombreux prévisionnistes voient un excédent sur le marché mondial du nickel l’année prochaine, mais notre point de vue est différent, car nous ne pensons pas que les producteurs indonésiens continueront à augmenter leur production pour créer un excédent », conclut M. Niwa.

Pour rappel, l’Indonésie est le premier producteur mondial de nickel. A la différence d’autres métaux essentiels aux véhicules électriques comme le cuivre ou le cobalt, les pays miniers africains ne jouent pas un rôle prédominant dans l’approvisionnement mondial du nickel. Cependant, l’Afrique du Sud, le Zimbabwe, le Botswana ou encore Madagascar peuvent accélérer le développement des projets leur permettant de profiter de cette croissance continue de la demande.
https://www.agenceecofin.com/nickel/191 ... 3-sumitomo

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 23 oct. 2022, 15:22

suite de ce post du 11 sept 2022 viewtopic.php?p=2352231#p2352231

mise à jour en hausse de la ressource en Nickel au projet Tamarack dans le Minnesota.
Talon confirms growth of Tamarack nickel project; awarded $114m gov’t funding

Staff Writer | October 19, 2022

Talon Metals has released an updated mineral resource estimate for its Tamarack nickel project located in central Minnesota, showing a near doubling of the indicated tonnage and a near seven-fold increase in the high-grade nickel content.

The total indicated resource now stands at approximately 8.56 million tonnes grading 1.73% nickel, containing 148,000 tonnes of nickel. This represents a 98% increase in contained nickel over the most recent estimate (January 2021). Total inferred resource is estimated at 8.46 million tonnes grading 0.83% nickel, containing 70,000 tonnes of nickel.

The high-grade massive sulphide or mixed massive sulphide portion has grown to 1.05 million tonnes grading 4.53% nickel plus in the indicated category, containing 47,000 tonnes of nickel. Compared with the previous estimate, the high-grade nickel has increased by 570% since the 2021 PEA.

According to Talon, the updated (and significantly increased) mineral resource is largely the result of the successful development and deployment of its advanced exploration system (AES), which enabled the company to rapidly conduct in-house exploration programs at the Tamarack project over the past two years.

Exploration using the AES resulted in two new high-grade nickel-copper discoveries, known as the CGO East and CGO West areas, north of the company’s previous resource area. The shallow, high-grade mineralization found within the CGO East and CGO West areas not only provide for growth in the size of the mineral resource (and ultimately resulted in the Tesla-Talon supply agreement), but is also expected to result in an accelerated development pathway for an underground mine, Talon says.

“During the successful discovery and delineation of the high-grade nickel CGO East and CGO West ore bodies, our team of drillers, geophysicists, geologists, engineers and environmental scientists developed a proprietary, advanced exploration system, which is a unique combination of equipment and methods for deployment along the 11-mile Tamarack intrusive complex and in Michigan,” explained CEO Henri van Rooyen.

“The 11-mile Tamarack intrusive complex and Michigan represent extremely prospective and underexplored high-grade nickel districts, primarily due to a lack of the consistent deployment of tailor-made mineral exploration technologies. The AES is to US Midcontinent Rift nickel discovery and delineation what Tesla is to EV: A revolution in successful innovation and deployment,” he added.

Talon’s AES is presently deployed to the north of the current mineral resource area, with a plan for drilling to the south of the mineral resource area during the winter period.

Additionally, the company is preparing for deployment of its AES in Michigan. Talon’s Michigan roll-out will consist of the use of new and innovative surface geophysical techniques on the back of the geological team’s unique understanding of prospective, high-grade nickel targets.

Located 210 km north of Minneapolis and 89 km west of Duluth, the Tamarack nickel project comprises a large land position (18 km of strike length) with high-grade intercepts outside the current resource area. Talon has an earn-in right to acquire up to 60% of the project, and currently owns 51%. Rio Tinto is its joint venture partner.

US infrastructure funding

Earlier in the day, Talon announced that the company been selected as a recipient of the first set of projects funded by US President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to expand domestic manufacturing of batteries for electric vehicles.

Talon first submitted its application for the US government funding in July 2022. The application proposed an ore processing and tailings management facility located at an existing industrial brownfields site in Mercer county, North Dakota, that would receive feedstock from the Tamarack underground mine and other potential sources in North America. Acquisition of the preferred site in North Dakota is actively under negotiations.

According to the company, removing the processing facilities from the Tamarack mine site in Minnesota significantly reduces land disturbance and the scope of environmental review and permitting. Both facilities will undergo the science based permitting process in both states that include an opportunity for public comment and government-to-government consultations with tribal sovereign governments.

The proposed separation of mine and processing operations will create a new domestic battery grade nickel and iron production capability designed to meet the timelines set in both the Biden Administration’s national blueprint for lithium batteries, Talon says.

On a cost-share basis and subject to final negotiations, the US Department of Energy will provide a grant totalling $114 million grant (estimated to be 27% of total project cost) towards project construction and execution costs for the North Dakota battery minerals processing facility.

Shares of Talon Metals surged 19.2% as of market close Wednesday on the back of the project funding, giving the company a market capitalization of C$451.5 million.
https://www.mining.com/talon-confirms-g ... t-funding/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 30 oct. 2022, 10:19

Début de production de concentré de Nickel au projet de mine de Nickel Avebury en Tasmanie.
Mallee Resources has achieved production of its first nickel concentrate at its wholly-owned Avebury nickel sulphide project in western Tasmania, Australia following the start of commissioning of the processing plant.

According to the mineral exploration company, 58,500 tonnes of ore have been processed, and 2,045 tonnes of nickel concentrate have been produced at Avebury.

Around 19,200 tonnes of ore were at the run of mine stockpile, with a further 2,500 tonnes on the fine ore stockpile, stated Mallee Resources.

Mallee Resources managing director John Lamb said: “This is a historic moment for Mallee which now joins the ranks of Australian nickel sulphide producers. The Avebury mine is distinguished within this peer group by having a majority of its power needs met by renewable energy sources.”

The nickel concentrate from the Avebury nickel sulphide project in is transferred to Burnie from where it will be shipped to customers of the company’s offtake partner, Hartree Metals.

The shipments are expected to begin once enough concentrate has been stockpiled.

Mallee Resources chairman Jeff Moore said: “Commissioning began on schedule and has gone very well to date. Our team has been equal to any challenge presented and we now have now produced concentrate. Mallee’s future looks very bright.”

According to the ASX-listed mining company, efforts are being made to maximise recoveries and concentrate grades in accordance with Avebury’s commissioning plans, and the concentrate that is currently in storage will be mixed with future concentrates before being shipped.

The Avebury project is said to have mineral resources of 29.3Mt at 0.9% Ni, an underground mine, and a 900,000 tonne per annum processing plant and mine infrastructure. Mallee Resources got the ownership of Avebury and its related assets this year via a company administration process.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/m ... y-project/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 13 nov. 2022, 11:31

suite de ce post du 1er fev 2016 viewtopic.php?p=385818#p385818
Jervois take FID on restart of São Miguel Paulista refinery in Brazil
The restart of the SMP refinery will focus on producing 10,000mtpa of nickel and 2,000mtpa of cobalt metal cathode in Stage 1l

By NS Energy Staff Writer 10 Nov 2022

Australian mining company Jervois Global has taken a final investment decision (FID) for restarting its fully-owned São Miguel Paulista (SMP) nickel-cobalt refinery in São Paulo, Brazil.

The restart of the SMP refinery is focussed on producing 10,000 metric tonnes per annum (mtpa) of nickel and 2,000mtpa of cobalt metal cathode in Stage 1.

According to the mining company, the total budgeted capital project funding to upgrade and replace the plant and equipment at the SMP refinery and to restart the plant has been raised to $65m from the earlier estimate of $55m.

The production at the plant is expected to begin in Q1 2024.

In addition, Jervois said that it is undertaking a fully underwritten A$231m ($150m) equity capital raising.

The equity capital raising consists of a A$113m ($73m) institutional placement of new Jervois ordinary shares and a A$118m ($77m) for a 5.42 accelerated pro-rata non-renounceable entitlement offer.

The mining company will use the proceeds from the equity raising to fully fund the restart of the SMP nickel-cobalt refinery.

Besides, Jervois will utilise the equity raising proceeds to ramp up its Idaho cobalt operations and for mine sustaining capital expenditure, and other general corporate activities including Jervois Finland expansion bankable feasibility study (BFS).

Jervois’ largest shareholder, AustralianSuper, through entities controlled by it, will invest up to A$55.6m ($36.1m) to take part in up to 24% of the equity raising.

In September 2022, Jervois secured an environmental installation license from the São Paulo State environmental regulator, Companhia Ambiental do Estado de São Paulo (CETESB) for the SMP nickel cobalt refinery.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/news/j ... ry-brazil/

Cette installation avait été fermée en 2016 lors de la crise du Nickel.
Investissement de 65 millions de dollars pour moderniser et redémarrer.

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 13 nov. 2022, 12:38

Potentiel de ressources en Nickel (et Cuivre + Platine) sur le site minier Denison (Ontario, Canada) :
Magna plans drilling at Denison nickel-copper project after ‘considerable’ resource estimate

Staff Writer | November 8, 2022

Magna Mining says the first mineral resource for its Denison nickel, copper and platinum group metals project in the Sudbury basin shows “significant potential.”

Magna is exploring the restart of a past-producing underground mine and adding an open-pit operation to the site, also known as Crean Hill. As well, Magna owns the advanced-stage Shakespeare, a similar project in the same region.

Denison’s indicated mineral resource for both underground and open pit totals more than 31 million tonnes, Magna said. The total contained metal is 500 million lb. nickel, 450 million lb. copper and 1.7 million oz. platinum, palladium and gold, it said.
https://www.mining.com/magna-plans-dril ... -estimate/

C'est situé dans un vaste ensemble minier :

https://magnamining.com/magna-mining-an ... ure%202%29.

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 14 nov. 2022, 21:19

L’Indonésie mise sur le nickel, malgré les ravages de son exploitation

RFI le : 14/11/2022 Par : Gabrielle Maréchaux

Elon Musk échangera avec les dirigeants du monde entier au G20 qui s’ouvre à Bali cette semaine, invité en tant que dirigeant de Tesla par l’Indonésie, le pays organisateur. Premier producteur de nickel au monde, l’Indonésie intéresse grandement Elon Musk. Et si dans l’archipel indonésien, beaucoup s’enthousiasment de la manne financière que représente cette matière première, d’autres s’inquiètent des ravages de son exploitation sur l’environnement.

Vue aérienne de la fonderie de nickel de Virtue Dragon Nickel Industry (PT VDNI) à Konawe. L’utilisation de composants chimiques pour la transformation du nickel en batterie dont les déchets toxiques polluent les eaux sont sujets à fort peu de régulation. AFP - ANDRY DENISAH

Pour bon nombre de consommateurs cherchant à réduire leur dépendance à l’essence, voiture électrique rime avec transition énergétique. En Indonésie, cela rime aussi avec inquiétudes écologiques. D’abord à cause de la déforestation : car c’est au total 673 000 hectares de forêts indonésiennes qui ont déjà été octroyés pour exploiter le nickel, un composant essentiel des batteries des voitures électriques.

Mais cette menace sur les écosystèmes ne semble toujours pas inquiéter. Les défenseurs de l’environnement indonésiens ont ainsi pu noter que si la déforestation générée par l’exploitation de l’huile de palme indonésienne est sévèrement condamnée par l’Union européenne, celle-ci semble moins déranger quand ce sont des pans entiers de forêts qui disparaissent pour extraire des minéraux essentiels aux voitures électriques, sur lesquelles l’UE mise beaucoup, et pour lesquelles ses besoins de nickels seraient multipliés par 31 entre 2020 et 2040. « Si l’UE veut être rigoureuse sur un produit de base comme [l’huile de palme], alors elle devrait faire de même pour un autre produit de base : [le nickel] » arguait à ça ce propos Yuyun Harmono, responsable de la campagne pour la justice climatique au Forum Indonésien pour l’Environnement en 2021.

Mais les dangers pour l’environnement ne s’arrêtent pas à la seule déforestation résultant de son extraction, car pour passer du nickel indonésien au composant pour batterie, il faut également le transformer, ce qui se fait en Indonésie en utilisant des composants chimiques dont les déchets toxiques sont sujets à fort peu de régulation.

Le « métal du diable »

Et si à l’échelle locale, sur l’île de Sulawesi par exemple, le nickel a donc mauvaise presse à cause notamment de la pollution des eaux qu’il génère à Jakarta, ce composant surnommé le métal du diable donne envie de rêver grand aux dirigeants. Et le pays, qui détient ¼ des réserves mondiales, a bien l’intention de tout faire pour maximiser cette manne de plus en plus prisée. Son ministre de l’Investissement a ainsi annoncé en août que Tesla avait signé des contrats d’approvisionnement en nickel d’une valeur de 5 milliards de dollars.

À écouter, Elon Musk, dirigeant de Tesla, une telle extraction massive du nickel pourrait être compatible avec un respect de l’environnement. En 2020, il promettait en effet des « contrats longs et géants » aux entreprises ou pays qui pourraient extraire du nickel de manière efficace et durable. Une chimère totale pour Rere Christianto, responsable des questions minières au Forum Indonésien pour l’environnement : « Toute exploitation de minéraux est de base une activité non durable, rappelle-t-il. Car il est impossible de recréer ces minéraux et de contrebalancer ainsi leur exploitation. Mais ce qui est possible, par contre, c’est de minimiser les risques environnementaux, en n’ouvrant pas plus de mines à nickel, et en concentrant les efforts sur le recyclage de ces batteries, pour réutiliser le nickel déjà extrait. »

Terres, eaux et ressources naturelles contrôlées par l’État

Mais cette façon de penser reste pour l’instant minoritaire en Indonésie, pays où l’exploitation à outrance des matières premières à des fins pécuniaires semblerait presque encouragée par la loi. Souvent surnommée « nationalisme des ressources » cette approche s’appuie en effet sur la Constitution du pays qui stipule dans son article 33 que les terres, les eaux et les ressources naturelles sont contrôlées par l’État et doivent être utilisées pour le plus grand bénéfice du peuple. Une formulation souvent interprétée de façon à justifier l’utilisation maximale des ressources naturelles du pays et à considérer celle-ci comme la meilleure façon d’atteindre le stade de pays développé.

Et afin de tirer son épingle du jeu au milieu de la grande effervescence mondiale suscitée par les véhicules électriques, le gouvernement indonésien a même annoncé en octobre qu’il songeait désormais à créer une structure semblable à celle de l’Opep pour représenter les intérêts des pays producteurs de minéraux nécessaires pour les batteries.
https://www.rfi.fr/fr/podcasts/chroniqu ... ploitation

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 20 nov. 2022, 11:07

Vale to supply GM with nickel for EVs, starting in 2026

Reuters | November 17, 2022

Brazilian mining giant Vale SA will supply General Motors Co with battery-grade nickel for future electric vehicles, starting in 2026, the companies said on Thursday.

Under the long-term agreement, Vale Canada will provide GM with battery-grade nickel sulfate, a key ingredient in EV battery cathodes, from a proposed plant in Becancour, Quebec.

The agreement with Vale is the latest in a series of GM deals aimed at locking down the supply of critical battery minerals as the automaker ramps up electric vehicle production in 2025 and beyond. Read full story

GM has said it will have the capacity to build 1 million EVs in North America by 2025, and that it has signed agreements with at least 20 battery materials companies to supply those vehicles.

The Vale deal, which kicks in in the second half of 2026, will supply GM with enough refined nickel for up to 350,000 EVs a year.

More importantly, the Canadian nickel sourced from Vale “will help support EV eligibility for consumer incentives under the new clean energy tax credits in the US,” said Doug Parks, GM’s executive vice president of global product development, purchasing and supply chain.

The US Inflation Reduction Act ties up to $3,750 per vehicle of federal tax credits to requirements that EV batteries be manufactured in North America using materials sourced in North America or from allied nations.

GM and Vale also plan to research battery recycling.

Vale has existing agreements to supply nickel to Tesla and Ford Motor Co, as well as Swedish battery startup Northvolt.
https://www.mining.com/web/vale-to-supp ... g-in-2026/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 20 nov. 2022, 11:15

suite de ce post du 11 sept 2022 viewtopic.php?p=2352231#p2352231
FPX Nickel delivers better resource grade for Baptiste project

Staff Writer | November 14, 2022

FPX Nickel reports an upgraded resource estimate for the Baptiste nickel project in central British Columbia. The new estimate includes the results of infill drilling done in 2021 and is based on a new geological modelling approach. For the first time, the total nickel content and potential byproduct cobalt and iron are included.

The Baptiste pit-constrained resource estimate includes 1.82 billion tonnes of indicated resources grading 0.211% total nickel and containing 8.44 billion lb. nickel. The inferred resource is 339.0 million tonnes grading 0.212% total nickel, containing 1.59 billion lb. nickel.

FPX has given previous nickel grades in terms of Davis tube recoverable (DTR) amounts, and the current grades are 0.129% nickel in the indicated resource and 0.131% nickel in the inferred resources. Under those parameters, the indicated portion of the deposit contains 5.37 billion lb. nickel and 978.9 million lb. nickel, respectively. The new numbers represent higher DTR nickel grades – 6% in the indicated category and 15% in the inferred category.

Grades for cobalt and iron are also given as DTR grades and amounts. The indicated resource grade is 0.0035% cobalt (containing 142.0 million lb.) and 2.40% iron (containing 43,500 tonnes). The inferred resource is 0.0037% cobalt (containing 27.6 million lb.) and 2.55% iron (containing 8,600 tonnes).

“The new mineral resource estimate highlights the potential for improved project economics owing to a material increase in DTR nickel grade and new opportunities for recovery of cobalt and non-DTR nickel contained in the Baptiste deposit,” noted Martin Turenne, FPX’s president and CEO.

“This marks an important de-risking step in the ongoing development of Baptiste as a large-scale, low-cost and low-carbon nickel project, setting the stage for the completion of our current metallurgical program which will culminate with the production of battery-grade nickel sulphate in the first quarter of 2023.”
https://www.mining.com/fpx-nickel-deliv ... e-project/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 30 déc. 2022, 11:28

Découverte d'une extension de minéralisation à Nickel au gisement de Selebi au Botswana :
Premium Nickel aims to re-open Selebi mine in Botswana

Staff Writer | December 22, 2022

Premium Nickel Resourcessays drill results at its Selebi nickel-copper-cobalt project in Botswana advance the concept that two past-producing deposits there are connected at depth.

The Toronto-based company acquired the project, 400 km north of the capital of Gaborone, in January and is aiming to find links between the Selebi north and south deposits, which are separated by about 3 km, the company said in a news release on Thursday.

Highlights are diamond drill hole SMD-22-006a-W2, which cut 9.8 metres from 1,581.5 metres down hole grading 0.97% nickel, 1.74% copper and 0.03% cobalt for 1.56% nickel equivalent, including 6.80 metres grading 1.28% nickel, 2.35% copper and 0.04% cobalt for 2.06% nickel equivalent.

The same hole also returned 4.65 metres from 1,639.8 metres depth grading 1.1% nickel, 1.24% copper and 0.04% cobalt for 1.55% nickel equivalent. It’s the first time Premium has found significant widths and grades in this deeper interval, it said.

The latest assays follow other drill results released in September and August. Drilling down-dip to the west intercepted thicker intervals of mineralization than reported in 2016 by previous owners, Premium said.

“Selebi Mine could be a single continuous mineralized system,” CEO Keith Morrison said in the release. “The borehole geophysics has been very successful in imaging highly conductive metallic mineralization along the down-dip structure possibly joining the two deposits.”

The drilling so far hasn’t fully defined the plunge direction or dip extent of the ore body’s thickening, Premium said. But borehole electromagnetic data is being analyzed to refine the location of the controlling structures for more precise drilling next year with additional rigs, it said.

The past-producing Selebi mine had two shafts – Selebi and Selebi North – situated about six km apart. Mining started in 1980 and ended in 2016, when the operations were placed on care and maintenance due to a failure in the offsite Phikwe processing facility, the company says.

Premium wants to re-open the Selebi mine as well as its past-producing Selkirk mine about 75 km to the north. Botswana parastatal company BCL ran Selebi and acquired Selkirk, which had been run by Russia’s Norilisk Nickel, shortly before BCL failed in 2016.
https://www.mining.com/premium-nickel-a ... -botswana/

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 10 janv. 2023, 20:24

Nouvelle-Calédonie : au cœur d’une mine de nickel (Vidéo)

Publié le 08/01/2023

H. Abdelkhalek, V. Reynaud, C. Mannevy - France 3
France Télévisions
19/20
Édition du dimanche 8 janvier 2023

Le nickel, métal convoité par tous les constructeurs, fait vivre une grande partie de la Nouvelle-Calédonie. L’une des mines gigantesques de l’île a exceptionnellement ouvert ses portes au 19/20.
La Nouvelle-Calédonie est aujourd’hui le 5e producteur de la planète du nickel, un métal devenu stratégique. Il est six heures du matin lorsqu’Elyane prend son service sur la mine de Koniambo. Elle est conductrice de camion depuis quatre mois. La mine a créé 1 300 emplois en dix ans. Chaque poids lourd se rend à tour de rôle sur les points d’exactions du nickel pour être chargé de la roche brute.

20 000 euros la tonne
Après être trié puis concassé deux fois, le minerai de nickel est acheminé de la mine à l’usine de transformation sur un tapis roulant long de 12km. Le produit fini constitue une grenaille contenant 60% de nickel, un métal vendu 20 000 euros la tonne. En Nouvelle-Calédonie, un emploi privé sur quatre dépend directement ou indirectement de l’industrie du nickel. Ainsi, des sociétés, des écoles et un hôpital ont vu le jour. Un défi immense alors que l’industrie du nickel consomme trois quarts de l’électricité du territoire calédonien.
3mn29 de vidéo dans le lien
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/in ... 90272.html

Et bravo à l'ancienne caissière de supermarché qui est devenue conductrice de gros camion Caterpillar ! (début de la vidéo)

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 18 janv. 2023, 19:46

Eramet proche d'un accord avec BASF pour une usine de traitement de nickel en Indonésie
Le groupe minier français Eramet et le chimiste allemand BASF sont en train de finaliser un accord de partenariat pour investir dans une usine de traitement de nickel en Indonésie à destination des batteries de véhicules électriques, ont fait savoir des responsables indonésiens.

DJAKARTA REUTERS 18 Janvier 2023

L'investissement du projet s'élève à environ 2,4 milliards d'euros, a déclaré le ministère indonésien de l'Investissement, citant le président du directoire de BASF, Martin Brudermüller.

L'accord entre BASF et Eramet est en phase finale et une décision devrait être prise au cours du premier semestre 2023, a indiqué Martin Brudermüller selon les autorités indonésiennes.

Cette annonce intervient alors que l'Indonésie tente de s'imposer auprès des entreprises mondiales comme une destination privilégiée pour les usines destinées à produire des batteries de véhicules électriques afin d'exploiter les riches ressources en nickel du pays.

A la Bourse de Paris, l'action Eramet gagnait mercredi dans la matinée plus de 3% tandis que le titre BASF reculait de 0,21% à Francfort.
https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/e ... e.N2087236

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 22 janv. 2023, 16:11

Gros prospect de Nickel découvert au Canada : Reid property
Canada Nickel confirms major discovery larger than flagship Crawford project in Ontario

Staff Writer | January 18, 2023

Canada Nickel Company (TSXV: CNC) has released positive assay results confirming the Reid property as a major discovery with a target footprint larger than its flagship Crawford nickel-cobalt discovery in Ontario’s Timmins-Cochrane mining camp.

The results include an additional nine holes on top of the seven holes reported in early December, when the Reid property’s exploration upside was first highlighted.

The new holes generally returned 100 to 470 metres of predominantly nickel sulphide mineralization with grades ranging from 0.2% to 0.31% nickel. Two holes had mineralization of over 500 metres width – approximately 50% wider than Crawford Main Zone and more than 100% wider than Crawford East Zone.

All 16 drill holes completed on the Reid property have now intersected multi-hundred-metre intervals of nickel mineralization. To date, the broader intervals at yielded weighted average grades of 0.22% nickel over an average interval of 272 metres.

According to Canada Nickel’s CEO Mark Selby, the grades and mineralization at Reid are consistent with what the company has observed at the the East Zone deposit at Crawford.

“The success of this initial drilling, targeted solely with our team’s proprietary approach using provincial geophysical data, highlights the significant potential of our total regional land package with over 42 km2 of target geophysical footprint which is more than 20 times larger than our flagship Crawford project,” Selby said in a news release.

The Reid property is located 16 km southwest of Crawford and contains an ultramafic body with a target geophysical footprint of 3.9 km2, compared to just 1.6 km2 for Crawford.

With the drilling confirmation, the Reid project now represents another bulk-tonnage discovery anchored by Crawford, which is said to contain the fifth-largest nickel sulphide resource globally at 2.1 billion tonnes grading 0.24% nickel. A preliminary economic assessment for the Crawford project based on prior resource estimates outlined a 25-year operation capable of producing 842,000 tonnes of nickel metal.

In addition to the new drill results, Canada Nickel has also extended the repayment of its $10 million loan with Auramet to March 3, 2023. The extension “allows us to advance various financing initiatives, which we expect to complete during this timeframe,” Selby noted.

Shares of Canada Nickel rose 1.8% at C$1.61 a share by 12:30 p.m. ET following the latest exploration update, giving the company a market capitalization of C$191.3 million ($142m).

Echelon Capital Markets is maintaining a “Spec Buy” rating and C$6.00 price target for the stock based on the longer-term positive view of Crawford’s potential resource base, along with its alignment with global climate goals.
https://www.mining.com/canada-nickel-co ... n-ontario/

pour le prospect de Crawford voir ce post du 10 juillet 2021 viewtopic.php?p=2322869#p2322869

energy_isere
Modérateur
Modérateur

Message par energy_isere » 29 janv. 2023, 11:37

en relation avec ce post du 13 nov 2022 viewtopic.php?p=2357810#p2357810
SPC Nickel enters agreement with Vale to consolidate deposits in Sudbury camp

Staff Writer | January 24, 2023

SPC Nickel (TSXV: SPC) has entered into a cooperation agreement with Vale Canada that would see the company consolidate the West Graham and Crean Hill 3 nickel-copper deposits located in the Sudbury mining camp into a single project.

The West Graham deposit occurs on SPC’s 100% owned Lockerby East property, which also hosts the past-producing Lockerby East mine. The latest agreement would grant the company the right to acquire an 100% interest in the adjacent Crean Hill 3 property currently held by Vale.

The unmined near-surface West Graham deposit contains over 47,000 tonnes of nickel and 34,000 tonnes of copper, as defined in a technical report published by First Nickel in 2009 that supported an indicated mineral resource of 8.55 million tonnes grading 0.45% nickel and 0.31% copper, along with an inferred mineral resource of 2 million tonnes grading 0.38% nickel and 0.30% copper.

These grades, according to SPC, have economic potential in the context of the Sudbury mining camp, as the deposit is located very near to surface and may be amenable to low-cost open pit mining.
https://www.mining.com/spc-nickel-enter ... bury-camp/

Répondre